This isn’t really a food blog, but every so often I come across a munchie (that isn’t bacon) that I need inside me as soon as humanly possible. And I feel that everyone in the world should be made aware of these Deep Fried Tequila Bites, courtesy of Oh, Bite It!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these drunken little morsels yourself:
-Sponge Cake/Angel Food
-Oil for frying
-Frosting and Lime Zest (if you want to serve in shot glasses)
1. Cube up the angel food cake into tiny little adorable bite-size fun squares.
2. Dip the bite-size fun squares in tequila. Do the math people – the longer you dip/soak, the stronger they’ll be! So you’re best bet is to marinade them overnight (kiddinggggg).
3. Plop those babies into a 350 degree pot of 2″ of oil. Get ’em golden, baby. Mmm…
4. Cool on a paper towel. If you’d like, prepare shot glasses with frosting on the rim and lime zest over the frosting.
5. Also optional, after the bites cool, sprinkle some powdered sugar on them.
6. Get drunk on snack foods.
Be sure to check out Oh, Bite It! for more creative snacking ideas.